There are many steps that go into designing and producing a custom fabric project – material sourcing and selection, measuring, testing and trials, and one of the most crucial elements that hold it all together is the hardware. Hardware can be anything as small as a rivet to something as big as a zipper, but in either case, it’s a necessity to have the highest quality hardware used for your project to ensure product performance. At Fieldtex, we have an array of top-quality hardware to choose from, and our skilled prototype and design team can aid in the decision making process based on your projects application, necessary durability, and price range.
There are many different types of hardware that can be used on a textile-based project. These can include:
- Buckles and clasps. These handy pieces can be used to secure two pieces of fabric together, for example: holding a soft-sided carrying case closed, clasping across your chest to keep a tactical backpack securely on your back, or keeping a cooling vest secured. We offer quick-release side buckles in high quality Nexus-brand plastic as a durable and easy-to-use solution.
- Our Zippers are applied to the fabric product with expert precision.
- D-rings (named as such because they are shaped like a capital “D”) are anchored rings. They are most often used to connect webbing (such as a shoulder strap) to the body of a custom carrying case for light-load transport. These are often sewn to the product and not easily removed, but when used with a durable looped strap, it allows for further flexibility and convenience of case transportation. D-rings are also used in our web-strap assemblies.
- Snap hooks are one of the most convenient and adjustable attachments in terms of both removable and adjustable connectors. Similar in use to the side-release buckle, the snap hook is easy to use and versatile. We stock both swivel (which rotate at their base, allowing for further flexibility) and stationary (a durable, heavy duty option) snap hooks.
- We stock shoulder straps designed to let the wearer comfortably adjust a carrying case.
- We also stock ID tags, luggage tags, grommets, rivets, glove fasteners, and even more.
At Fieldtex, we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your end product. From quick release buckles to sliders, cams, and snap-hooks: if we don’t have exactly what you want, we can get it.
Do you have an idea for a custom sewn product? Start the prototype to production process today.